Carrot Halwa Recipe
Ingredients Required :
- 500 Grams Carrot
- 1 litre full cream milk
- 250 grams of sugar
- 1 bowl of ghee
- Dry Fruits of your choice
Detailed Process :
- Shred the entire carrots and collect it in a bowl. If they have water then squeeze the shredded carrots so that excess water is removed. Alternatively you can also wash the carrots and pat them dry and then shred them. This will reduce the water in shredded carrots.
- Take a pan and heat it.
- Add entire ghee and allow it to melt completely.
- On another flame add milk and heat it at low flame. Let the milk get thick while you are frying the shredded carrots in ghee.
- Keep the flame low to minimum so that carrots don’t get burned. Carrots might take a good 15 minutes to fry completely.
- Add sugar once the carrots are completely fried. Check if the sugar gets completely dissolved into the gajar. Keep frying it completely.
- Now, add the completely thick milk. Make sure that the milk gets reduced to it’s half quantity during this process.
- Let the milk get boiled with the carrot again in a low flame. You can cover the pan to make the process faster. But make sure that you keep stirring in between so that the mixture doesn’t stick at the bottom or doesn’t get burn.
- Now, this is the final time to add dry fruits. You can add dry fruits in both ways. Personally I love the crushed one or you can add the whole ones also and give a last stir so that the dry fruits also gets mixed into the halwa.
If you liked this post, I would really appreciate that if you really try this recipe at you home and share your experience about this recipe, if you find this recipe interesting, pin it or share it with your Facebook fans or Twitter followers or Google+ circles today. All it takes is a simple click on the ” like,” “share,” “tweet,” or Google+ buttons or “Pin it” button below the post. Thank you!