Fresh spring rolls Makes
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 1 Tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 3 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- Bunch coriander leaves (or 1 Tbsp minced coriander leaves – mix this in with sauce) 1 short cucumber, deseeded
- 1 large avocado
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 large red capsicum, deseeded
- 16 rice paper rolls
Optional: 100g cooked shredded chicken or cooked prawns
- Mix together the fish sauce, sweet chilli sauce, and lime juice in a shallow bowl.
- Cut cucumber, capsicum and carrot into long thin strips. Cut avocado in half, then cut each half into eight strips. Place cucumber and avocado into the fish sauce mix and leave to marinade whilst preparing the rolls. If using chicken, also add it to the fish sauce mix.
- Soak 1 sheet of rice paper in warm water. Once softened (about 1 minute) remove from the water and place flat on a tea towel. (Alternatively dip each sheet in cold water and lay out on the bench. By the time you roll them, they should have softened).
- Place 2–3 coriander leaves, carrot, cucumber, capsicum and avocado in the middle top-half of the rice paper. Fold the bottom half of the rice paper up to make an envelope around the filling. Fold in one side of the envelope and roll up tightly. Repeat.
If you liked this post, I would really appreciate that if you really try this recipe at you home and share your experience about this recipe, if you find this recipe interesting, pin it or share it with your Facebook fans or Twitter followers or Google+ circles today. All it takes is a simple click on the ” like,” “share,” “tweet,” or Google+ buttons or “Pin it” button below the post. Thank you!