Moong Dal Ka Halwa
- 1 cup Moong dal
- 250 grams of Ghee
- 1 litre full cream milk
- 50 grams sugar
- Dry fruits of your choice
Detailed Process :
- Dry roast the moon dal in a pan. Make sure you roast in low flame else it will get burned
- Let it cool and then crush the moong dal in the mixi. Make sure that the entire moong dal is crushed and there are no lumps remaining. Check with your fingers.
- Now, take a pan and heat it
- Add entire ghee and let it melt completely
- Add the finely crushed moon dal and let it dry in ghee. Keep the flame low so that the moong dal gets completely fried
- Add milk in another pan and let it get thickened by continuously boiling it at low flame. We need half of the milk and thus allow it to boil and get thickened to it’s half quantity
- Check the moong dal meanwhile so that it gets completely fried in the ghee
- Now after good 15-20 minutes add the thick milk into the moong dal and bring it to boil at a low flame. This will take another 20 minutes
- Once it is completely soft and all boiled, crush the dry fruits and top it over the halwa and give it a last twist
Your delicious moong dal halwa is ready.
If you liked this post, I would really appreciate that if you really try this recipe at you home and share your experience about this recipe, if you find this recipe interesting, pin it or share it with your Facebook fans or Twitter followers or Google+ circles today. All it takes is a simple click on the ” like,” “share,” “tweet,” or Google+ buttons or “Pin it” button below the post. Thank you!