Skip to content
HOW TO PREPARE POTATO SALAD
- 8 medium potatoes in the skin
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- pinch of mustard powder
- lemon juice and black pepper to taste
- ½ cup (125 ml) mayon-naise, preferably reduced fat
- ½ cup (125 ml) plain low-fat yoghurt
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) chopped fresh parsley
- red or green pepper, seeds removed and chopped
- onion, finely chopped (see tip on p24)
- 1 hard-boiled egg, peeled and chopped (optional)
METHOD OF PREPRATION
- Place potatoes and ½ tsp of the salt in a pot with water. Bring to the boil and cook until tender. Allow to cool, peel and cut in cubes.
- Mix mustard, the rest of the salt, lemon juice,pepper, mayonnaise, yoghurt and parsley.
- Mix sauce into potatoes with red pepper and onion.
- Sprinkle with egg and serve as a side dish.