Savoury vege cakes
2 medium red kumara (purple skinned) (about 350g), peeled and cut into chunks 1 onion, finely diced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 small carrot, grated
5 button mushrooms, finely diced ½ cup frozen peas
1 Tbsp salt-reduced soy sauce
1 tsp chopped ginger root Breadcrumbs
Energy 750kJ; Fat 4.2g; Saturated fat 1.4g; Carbohydrate 30g; Fibre 4.9g;
- Microwave (or steam) kumara in a little water until tender, about 5 minutes. Mash.
- Cook onion in a pan or microwave.
- Mix all ingredients together except breadcrumbs. Put breadcrumbs on a plate.
- Divide mixture into four.
- Put a quarter of the mix in a mound on the breadcrumbs and form into a circle about 2cm high.
- Lift carefully onto a sheet of baking paper. Sprinkle the top of the pattie with breadcrumbs then spritz with oil.
- Once all patties are made, place in fridge to chill. Turn on oven and heat to 180°C. Once oven is heated, lift baking paper and patties onto an oven tray and cook for 20 minutes.
If you liked this post, I would really appreciate that if you really try this recipe at you home and share your experience about this recipe, if you find this recipe interesting, pin it or share it with your Facebook fans or Twitter followers or Google+ circles today. All it takes is a simple click on the ” like,” “share,” “tweet,” or Google+ buttons or “Pin it” button below the post. Thank you!